Try this tasty rub instead of a marinade. For a new flavor twist, pair with Chimichurri Sauce, which originated in Argentina and is used on steak throughout Latin America.
- 1 Mack Brook Farm flank steak (approximately 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
CHIMICHRRU SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, finely chopped (olives can be substituted)
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon premium red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Combine the dry mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, red pepper, and allspice in a small bowl. Place the flank steak on a large plate or cutting board and rub all over with the mix. Let the meat sit for 10 minutes and then cook it on the grill or in a skillet following our simple tips for cooking grassfed steaks.
Combine parsley, cilantro, capers, and garlic in a medium-mixing bowl. Add vinegar, salt, paprika, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Pour in olive oil and whisk together well. Cover and let stand on countertop for 30 minutes, so that the flavors blend together.
Serving suggestions: Thinly slice flank steak and spoon Chimichurri over the meat.