- 1 piece (approximate 3-4 pounds) Mack Brook Farm Brisket or Chuck Roast
- 1 18-ounce bottle BBQ sauce, of your choice
Salt and pepper the meat and place in Crockpot. You may have to cut it into two pieces.
Add BBQ sauce. Cook on low 6 hours. Remove meat from Crockpot.
Slice thinly or shred, and then return meat to pot. Cook on low for 10 minutes.
Note: For a special treat, make your own BBQ sauce using our recipe below.
Cece’s Secret Sauce, Shhhhhhh!
It took some arm-twisting, but our good friend Cece finally agreed to share her family’s secret recipe. Is it the lime juice that makes it so special? Or could it be the rum???
- 2 teaspoons Mexican hot sauce, one with vinegar and Habanero peppers, use more if you like your sauce with an extra ‘kick’
- 2 cups Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Hot Mustard (Jailhouse, made in Salem, NY, is our favorite)
- ½ cup light Puerto Rican rum
- ½ cup light beer
- ¼ cup honey (we really like organic Honey From the Adirondacks, made in Argyle, NY)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2-3 tablespoons)
Mix all ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Pour over meat in crockpot. (Will keep in refrigerator for 3 days.)